Criteria of Membership of WUS Health Centre
DEPENDENT FAMILY MEMBERS
- Parents subject to the following :
- (a) In case of adoption, adoptive parents and not real parents;
- (b) If adoptive father has more than one wife, only the first wife.
Meaning of Family :
The term ‘family’ means and includes :-
In case of female employees, parents or parents-in-law, according to her option, subject to the conditions of dependency and residence etc. being satisfied.
Note :- Option to include either her parents or parents-in-law is not available to a female family pensioner. Children, including step children, legally adopted children, children taken as wards by the Government servant under the Guardians and Ward Act, 1980 provided that such a ward lives with him and is treated as a family member and is given the status of a natural born child through a special Will executed by the Government Servant.
- (i) A son is eligible till he starts earning or attains the age of 25 years or gets married, whichever is earlier.
- (ii) A daughter is eligible till she starts earning, or gets married irrespective of age limit, whichever is earlier.
- Sons suffering from permanent disability either physically or mentally irrespective of age-limit or as per instructions issued from time to time by GOI in this regard.
- (i) Disability means blindness, low vision, leprosy-cured, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, mental retardation, mental illness, autism, cerebral palsy or a combination of any two or more of such conditions and includes a person suffering from several multiple disabilities.
- (ii) ‘Permanent disability’ means a person with 40% or more of one or more disabilities.
- Wholly dependent divorced/abandoned or separated from their husband/windowed daughters (irrespective of age).
- Wholly dependent unmarried/divorced/abandoned or separated from their husband/widowed sisters (irrespective of age).
- Minor brother(s) (up to the age of becoming major).
- Wholly dependent Brother (irrespective of age).
- Minor children of widowed/separated daughters who are wholly dependent upon the W.U.S. Health Centre primary beneficiary and normally residing with him shall be eligible up to the age of 18 years.
- Note : Grand children are not included.
DELETION OF THE NAME OF A MEMBER SHALL BE REQUIRED IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES :
- Death of eligible member in the family or
- Divorce of spouse or
- Member becoming ineligible (i.e. falling outside the scope of dependency).
It is the responsibility of the primary beneficiary to get the name of the dependent member deleted from the records of Health Centre when such an eventuality occurs. Failure to do so shall entail disciplinary proceedings being initiated against her/him.
CONDITION OF DEPENDENCY NOT APPLICABLE TO SPOUSE :
- Spouse is automatically included for medical benefits.
- Where both husband and wife are University employees only one of them can become primary member of U.S. Health Centre and the spouse of the member shall have to furnish a declaration duly forwarded by the competent authority of her/his Institution/College that s/he shall not be claiming any medical benefits from her/his Institution/College.
ADDITION TO THE FAMILY MAY BE ALLOWED IN FOLLOWING CASES :
- Marriage (requiring inclusion of spouse’s name) or
- Birth of a child or
- Parent(s) becoming dependents.
An application to this effect shall be made in the prescribed form.
DEPENDENCE CERTIFICATE :
Every Health Booklet Holder must certify at the time of issue of Health Booklet that the Parent(s)/Dependent(s) whose names have been included in the Health Booklet, normally reside with her/him and are wholly dependent upon her/him. The Income certificate of the Parent/Dependent must state that the income from all sources does not exceed the limit of Rs. 9,000/- (Rupees nine thousand only) plus dearness relief on basic pension.
GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION OF WUS HEALTH CENTRE MEMBERSHIP :
(a) Retirement/Resignation/Death of employee
(b) Transfer of beneficiary on deputation to another Office (optional)
(c) Employees who go on deputation to another organization and intend to discontinue the membership.
MISUSE OF HEALTH BOOKLET OF WUS HEALTH CENTRE IS A COGNIZABLE OFFENCE:
If a Medical Officer of WUS Health Centre detects a case of misuse of a Health Booklet by an unauthorized person, s/he will inform the CMO regarding the misuse of Health Booklet who will bring the matter to the notice of Concerned Authorities for further necessary action.
LOSS OF HEALTH BOOKLET:
If W.U.S. Health Centre Health Booklet is lost then it may be misused, hence the holder of the booklet must inform the Police Station immediately and later the following authorities along with a copy of First Information Report (FIR).
(i) Chief Medical Officer /Issuing authority.
(ii) Medical Officer I/c of peripheral W.U.S. Health Centre.
A duplicate health booklet will be issued after verification of membership form the respective Institution/College of employee after payment of Rs. 25/- per Booklet.
Bringing of Health Centre membership Booklet on every visit is mandatory. It enables correct identification of the patient and to prevent misuse of the booklet. W.U.S. Health Centre office may obtain a certificate from each employee/pensioner regarding any rise of pay/pension due to hike in increment(s) after every year for revalidation of Health Booklet. Health Centre office will, therefore, re-fix the rate of HCC accordingly. The transfer of membership from one W.U.S. Health Centre to another shall be done with the permission of the CMO.
REGISTRATION OF HEALTH BOOKLET OF W.U.S. HEALTH CENTRE :
The Health Booklet Holder must ensure that a latest coloured photograph duly signed by the Chief Medical Officer/Medical Administrator/Section Officer is affixed and in the absence of same the medicine(s) will be issued for 1-2 days only. S/he must submit the Health Booklet as and when required in the W.U.S. Health Centre office for verification. The receiving clerk will verify the credentials, stamp the date and initial the health Booklet.
NO DUES CERTIFICATE:
It is mandatory for all employees of Departments of University of Delhi and its affiliated Colleges irrespective of their membership of W.U.S. Health Centre to take “No Dues Certificate” from W.U.S. Health Centre at the time of retirement/deputation/withdrawal of membership/resignation after getting it verified from the respective Head of Department/Principal of College.
If an employee has not taken No Dues Certificate from W.U.S. Health Centre while going on deputation, her/his membership will be treated as continued and no relaxation of monthly HCC will be given.
Health Centre facilities are primarily available only to eligible members (teaching, non-teaching, students & retired staff of Delhi University and its affiliated Colleges) who have enrolled as member of the W.U.S. Health Centre by depositing the requisite HCC.